How not to handling waiting

Have I mentioned, lately, how much I love to write.

I think I've forgotten that in the last month and a half as I waited for news on submissions and Golden Heart results.

Trying to get published, now that's a whole different story. I suck at waiting. My internal cry baby likes to take over during these times and whine until I drown out the voice with television and movies and audio books. Anything to drown out the negative self talk.

Unfortunately, that means my characters' voices get swept away in the flow of babble as well.

Meditation hasn't helped. The chatter isn't impressed by soothing bird sounds and ocean noises. Trying to be positive hasn't helped because I've been letting the stuff beyond my control pile on and raise my anxiety.

Finally, I'm kicking myself in the ass and getting back to the revisions I should have been working on these last 6 weeks. And you know what, I love this book.

It's fun to write. The characters have great snarky arguments and hot sex. She's coming out of her shell and doing things that frustrate him. He's struggling to maintain his composure and failing miserably. All good stuff.

Hopefully this means my cycle of feeling sorry for myself has come to an end and I can get back to the bliss of writing/revising.

I'll let you know how it works out.