A Final in the 2009 Winter Rose Contest

YEAH!

Adventures Of A Teenage Truthseer collected its first final yesterday.

I'm very excited since this is my first foray into the YA market. After missing finals in the Marlene and the Sandy, I'm wondering if my success here is due to the fact that this contest didn't require a synopsis. Time will tell.

In the meantime, I'm still plugging away on my Bites entry. The blurb is due tonight at midnight. Thank you, Lexi, for looking it over and telling me where it needed improvement. I believe the finalists will be chosen on the 10th. The pitch is scheduled for 4/15. I expect there will be lots of competition so I don't hold out too much hope, but even if you're not chosen for hte on-line pitch, you can still submit the Bite. And if that doesn't work, I can always expand the story into a long paranormal.

Today's goal: 1000 words and get my blurb submitted.
Yesterday's achievement: 3000 words
Quote: "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams English humorist & science fiction novelist (1952 - 2001)
What I'm grateful for: April snow in Minnesota doesn't last long.