It's Saturday and I'm actually writing

A little inspiration. He looks like he could be a thousand year old Aveni Mage named Stefan, doesn't he?

I know. I know. You're thinking: No, she's not. She's blogging.

I just needed a little break. I'm working on a Bites for the pitch. The blurb is due Monday. But I'm not really working on that. I've got all day Monday to play with it. I'm working on the actual Bites. The pitch is scheduled for April 15th. I'm supposed to have a full done for it. I've really be dragging my feet. The story's there, but I wasn't really feeling the oh, let's get swept up into the story mood that I need if I'm going to produce a halfway decent story.

So, today, I sat down and browsed 4 Nocturnes. That helped get me into the right tone. The Bites are supposed to be dark and sensual, well that's easy. Fast paced. In the guidelines, they said they want a little more characterization than the Nocturnes. I'm not exactly sure why. You've got about 60k less room to do that.

Working with a magical element is fun. I am a fantasy reader from way back. I struggled a little with the type of magic I wanted in the story and settled on two. A his and hers if you will. Characters from two different magical races. And this story provides some of the back story for my Chicago YA Urban Fantasy. I've been a little stuck on that one because of the world building. This Bites has helped me nail it down some.

Well, I'm not getting done with my goal of 3K by hanging out here. Back to work.

What are you up to this weekend? Hanging out or working hard?

Today's goal: 3,000 words on the Bites (almost 2000 down, 1000 to go)
Yesterday's achievement: Finished my Sheila judging
Quote: "A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author." -G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
What I'm grateful for: 3 great new pairs of earrings bought yesterday at the art show. I love meeting talented artists.