4th place in the 2008 Gotcha Contest

Well, it's been quite a week. Today I found out The Millionaire's Unfinished Business took 4th place in the 2008 Gotcha and is heading to Susan Litman for review. I hope she doesn't think I'm stalking her. I get to send a cover letter along with the entry so maybe I'll apologize for bombarding her with contest entries. This will be the third one she's seen in 6 months.

I tossed 2 stories into the Gotcha. I haven't gone beyond the first chapter in either. I wanted to know which story was stronger. Figured I'd start on that one next. I guess MUB had a leg up because it had already been in one contest prior and I worked out a lot of the troubled areas already. It's a story I started about 10 years ago and revised 2 summers ago. It's hot and the characters are really angry with each other. So, that makes it fun to write.

So with this contest finish, I've managed to final six different manuscripts this year. 5 short contemporary and a fantasy. I got requests for fulls on 4 of the 5 and some really nice editor comments on the fantasy. All in all, it's been a successful year contest wise. Now if I could only sell something....