New tires

After a near miss on Wednesday night as I was heading home on snowy roads, I decided that I needed new tires. Not terribly exciting right? But after spending 2 hours driving home last night (rush hour can so NOT be a rush here in Minnesota), I was really glad that I'd made the $500 investment.

For those of you who live in the South and have never experienced the joys of what a 2 inch snowfall can do, let me tell you it was a parking lot on the freeways last night. 15 MPH at best. At least there's less chance of sliding off into the ditch when you're creeping along.

I'm currently listening to the CD's that I bought at the PYHIAB conference on the workshops I wanted to attend, but had conflicts for. There are a couple with JR Ward, one with Susan Meier on conflict (which since she's a category author it's really great) and one with Eloisa James, who I've heard speak before, but not on this particular topic. Lots of good info.

Work progresses on the new WIP. With only 500 words a day expected of me, I'm keeping up without a problem. I might even be a little ahead. I figure at the current pace, I'm on track to finish March 31st.

How is everyone's Christmas season shaping up? I'm horribly behind in everything, shopping, decorating, etc.

Today's goal: 500 words
Yesterday's achievement: 831 words
What I'm grateful for: New Tires!!!
Quote:

"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."
Robert Frost (1874 - 1963), Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening