My talented daughter

There's not much writing news to blog about and the main topic of conversation here in Minnesota is the weather. Ack! Snow, snow and more snow.

Last night I attended my daugher's final holiday performance.

Saturday we had her piano recital. She's been playing piano for 3-1/2 years now and if I do say so myself, she's pretty darned good. She played Sleigh Bells, a fairly complicated piece, and pounded it out with gusto.

Tuesday she had her holiday dance recital. This is her first year doing jazz. The dance was to I Feel The Magic and it's pretty aerobic. Lots of fast moves that she worked really hard to master.

Finally last night we had her school program. The 4th and 5th graders performed a play about an angel that goes to a shopping mall in search of Christmas spirit. It was amazing how almost all 80 kids had a line or two. For her part my daughter got fired. She did a great (dramatic) job and got a laugh. A couple laughs actually.

She wants to be an artist or a photographer when she grows up, but I think she's missing her calling as an actor.

Now, onto the holidays. I'm off for 5 days over Christmas. I got a bunch of books from the library and my TBR pile is overflowing my bookshelves. I hope to read a lot, write a little and relax.

How about you? What are your plans for the holidays?

Today's goal: I'm going home and cracking open a bottle of vino
Yesterday's accomplishment: Got through the last of Emily's events
What I'm grateful for: Spring is getting closer every day!
Quote: "Holidays are an expensive trial of strength. The only satisfaction comes from survival." -Jonathan Miller