Movies

My daughter is spending time with her auntie this week, freeing me up to see the summer blockbusters (or not so blockbuster).

Here's what I've seen so far this week:

Hancock I can't recommend this movie. It was so bad, I left to go to the bathroom and never went back. As I drove home, I imagined the scriptwriter thinking, "I just wrote myself into a corner...wonder what I should do." This new storyline comes out of nowhere and blindsides the direction the movie was going. Whoosh. And I was out of there.

Sex In The City I love those girls. In truth, I was prepared to be disappointed. I thought: Carrie gets her wedding to Big, it's going to be nothing but a huge epilogue to the show. Wow, was I wrong. And there is a scene with Charlotte that absolutely blew me away. I thought the series ended and there was still more to say. I think the movie was a fabulous wrap up.

Get Smart It was okay. Funny in parts. I was never a huge fan of the show. Steve Carell is pretty good. I've always liked Anne Hathaway. The Rock rocks. There's a great chase scene with a SUV and a plane. All in all, respectable.

Tonight I'm going to see Hellboy II. Gotta love a big red guy from Hell with a dry sense of humor and a lot of heart.

What have you seen this summer that you've enjoyed?