August Rush

I was in the mood to cry tonight. So, I took my daughter to see the movie whose trailer made me cry. I didn't cry. I wanted to, but I didn't. Not because of the movie. It's good. I think I'm just wound too tight to let it go. That's something I don't do well, just letting go. My friend Annie cries a lot. That sounds strange, I know, but she's always had an easy time letting her sadness loose. I bind it up and tamp it down. A survival instinct.

For those of you who've read my earlier blogs, you know I'm a huge fan of the Law of Attraction. August Rush is a 2 hour commercial for it. August wants to find his parents and keeps saying, I must play the music so they can hear. Basically he plays all sorts of instruments, believing his music will draw them to him. And guess what. It does. The critics call the movie a fairy tale. I disagree. I think this movie is about faith. About being able to manifest what's important to you. How can it not be amazing to achieve something impossible, in the face of everyone's skepticism, by the sheer power of your belief in it. The law of attraction in its perfect form. Sure, it's a movie. So, of course, there is a huge concert in Central Park that brings all our players together. You can see it coming from a mile away, but that's the magic of the LOA. By focusing on what was important, the music, and by surrendering to the universe, he achieves his dream of finding his parents. How cool is that?