Dreams

Back in the 70s, I used to watch disaster movies. They were very popular. One that always stuck with me was The Poseidon Adventure.

For those of you who are too young, or who missed the remake with Kurt Russell, a rogue wave hits a cruise ship, tipping it over and a group of people decide to climb up to the bottom of the ship to cut their way out.

Naturally, you deal with the arguments for leaving the dining room in the first place and losing people as you go. The tension is nonstop.

So, of course, last night I'm dreaming that I'm on the ship. I was part of a group that couldn't convince the bulk of the passengers that we were in danger. Finally, we decided to strike out on our own.

This is where the dream became about what important thing of value you take with you on such a journey. Now, I was on vacation, so I didn't have a lot of valuables along. I figured I'd take my jewelry, my drivers license and credit cards.

When I woke (and is it any wonder I'm more exhausted in the mornings than when I went to bed the night before?), I got to thinking, what would I grab from the house if it was on fire. I settled on my daughter, my flash drive where my books are backed up and if I had time and didn't have to climb out a window, my photos.

Ever think about what you would grab if you had to flee?

What if you had more than a minute? What then would you add to your pile?

I'd add my laptop and my external hard drive, and as much art work as I could.

By the way, if anyone can interpret my weird dream, let me know.