This is why I don't clean my house

Lost: 1 copy of How To Write A Damned Good Mystery Novel by James N. Frey.

Last night I went home, determined to pick up my writing reference books and get this first draft rolling again. I'm stuck in the 2nd part of the book. Where the mystery stuff should start to come together and reveal who the bad guy is. Instead, I've got lots of bits of scenes and I'm struggling with grasping the big picture. So, I figured it was time to get back to basics. I have a great book for that, How To Write A Damned Good Mystery Novel by James N. Frey. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it. I'd cleaned house last week while my daughter was sick and now the book has vanished. Along with a notebook filled with backstory, a library book, and a Netflicks DVD. ARG!

So, out to Amazon I went and bought another copy. I expedited the delivery and hopefully I'll have it in less than a week.

In the meantime, I've embarked on a little technique that he used where he writes what's going on behind the scenes, then alternates that with what the reader sees. It's helping me get a handle on the whole story and not just what's on the written page.

My villian's motivation and backstory make a lot more sense to me now.

Today's goal: get as much story summary written as possible and send off entry for Get Your Stiletto In The Door contest
Yesterday's achievement: 1000 words
What I'm grateful for: Amazon and expedited delivery
Quote: "One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory." -Rita Mae Brown