I can see clearly now

I'm done with my outline, all 10 pages of it. I'm sure it will continue to expand as I start the writing of the 2nd half of the book. Word count wise, I'm almost 75% done with the first draft. But everyone knows that getting the first draft finished is barely starting anything.

I will say, however, that writing an outline (something I don't ever do) has really helped me understand my plot. Using Blake Snyder's Save The Cat, James N. Frey's How To Write A Damned Good Mystery and taking Susan Meier's Can This Manuscript Be Saved class have worked their combined magic to help me see my book to the conclusion.




I'm sure I'm not done with discoveries, but the characterization and plot feel like they're on firmer ground.


Today's goal: 1000 words
Yesterday's achievement: One very workable outline
What I'm grateful for: A nice weekend for sailing
Quote: "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)