Ouch...groan

About the only place on my body that doesn't hurt are my fingertips. It was clean up time at our camping site this weekend. By clean up I mean bagging leaves. Lots and lots of leaves. We are surrounded primarily by oak. They don't drop their leaves until spring when the new buds push out the old leaves. The problem with this is that there's a narrow window from when they drop to when new stuff (like grass) starts growing so we need to get the leaves collected early.

This was the first weekend the water was turned on. So off we went. It's really a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. We have a double lot and our site is really wooded. Once the trees leaf out, we're pretty isolated from our neighbors. We have a park model camper with a full kitchen and a big porch with windows on 3 sides that is great to hang out in during the cool mornings.

I get to indulge my love of gardening up here. With all the trees, it's primarily shade so I have lots of hostas in all different sizes and colors. A couple sunny spots let me have hot pink phlox, iris, day lilies and daisies.

Didn't get any writing done. But I read. Meg Cabot's The Princess Diaries. My 9-1/2 year old was given the book by her 4th grade teacher (who in her defense hasn't read it.) I should have read it before she started. The character is 14 and never been kissed, but there's stuff in there about condoms and being felt up above the waist and below. Stuff that I think she reads past without thinking too much about, but I'm not sure. Of course, by the time I realized she could probably stand to wait a couple years to read it, she was already past the parts that made me wince. Sigh. It's especially ironic because the school she attends is Catholic. You know, the religion that preaches abstinence?

I also listened to Tamora Pierce's 3rd in the Lioness series. I love her. She writes YA fantasy. I totally get lost in her books. And I started The Spanish Bow. Also interesting. Driving to and from up north gives me almost 8 hours of listening time. And I don't have to feel at all guilty that I should be doing something else because I can't.

Today's goal: Finish ch 6 of YA.
Yesterday's accomplishment: Not much.
What I'm grateful for: As the afternoon wears on, moving is a little less painful.
Quote: "Why do strong arms fatigue themselves with frivolous dumbbells? To dig a vineyard is worthier exercise for men." -Marcus Valerius Martialis (40 AD - 103 AD)