My kind of town

My mind should be in Savannah, Georgia where my current WIP is set, but instead, I've been planning activities for my trip to Chicago over Spring break in March.

Because I don't have the vacation time or the money to take a trip somewhere warm, I decided to take the train to Chicago and hang out with my daughter for a couple days in.

Now, believe me, I'd much rather visit in the summer, when it's warm, but our summers are so packed with things to do that March seemed like a good alternative. I got a great deal on a downtown hotel $118 per night and it's right off Michigan Ave (Magnificent Mile) where all the great shopping is.

Since we're taking the train, we'll have to rely on public transportation to get from the hotel to the various museums, etc we're going to visit, so I pulled bus schedules for our excursions.

And what would a trip to Chicago be without their famous deep dish pizza? So, I've got a couple pizza places marked on the map.

All in all it's going to be a fun filled 2 full days and 2 half days in Chicago. I can't wait.

How about you? Any vacation plans for spring?

Today's goal: Another 500 words edited
Yesterday's achievement: sent off 3 Fab5 entries (I sent them early because last year, they filled up.)
What I'm grateful for: Today it's supposed to hit a high of 35 degrees ABOVE ZERO. Need I say more?
Quote: "The roots of true achievement lie in the will to become the best that you can become." -Harold Taylor