Mid book revision

So, here I was thinking all I had to do was make a couple changes to the beginning and end of my book to take out a couple plot elements and I'd be good to go. I really underestimated how much I've grown as a writer in the last 2 years. Which is a good thing. However, it means that the revisions are taking longer than expected.

Some of what I'm doing is cleaning up the narrative and altering sentences so my voice shines through a little more. It's an interesting exercise.

Original Version:

Caroline stared at herself in the full-length mirror. If Cinderella wore a strapless gown of black taffeta with pearls at her ears and around her neck, she would look exactly like her. Instead, she had to be satisfied with just feeling like Cinderella, which meant that Simon held the dual role of Fairy Godmother and the Prince.

Updated Version:

Caroline stared at herself in the full-length mirror. So, this is what being Cinderella felt like. Of course, Cinderella never wore a strapless gown of black taffeta with pearls at her ears and around her neck. And she most certainly never had a sexy hunk like Simon playing both her Fairy Godmother and the Prince. Poor girl. She had no idea what she was missing.

What is your revision process? Do you start with plot changes, then tackle more artistic changes or do you do it all at once?

Today's goal: 1st half of ch 8 revised
Yesterday's achievement: Finished ch 7
What I'm grateful for: More hours of daylight
Quote: "The greatest achievement of the human spirit is to live up to one's opportunities and make the most of one's resources." -Vauvenargues