The challenge of writing Inner Conflict or Dang this book is going to be more work that I first thought


Last night I received back the editor's score sheets from the 2008 Southern Heat contest. She had really nice things to say (blush) about my writing and there was really only 1 (big) change I needed to make. Take out the thing that started me writing the entire book in the first place.

Now, some of you might be wincing because you've either been through something like this or because you're waiting for me to rant. I gotta tell you, when I read that, I barely even twitched. What's another rewrite? It gives me a chance to make the book stronger.

So, this morning, I pulled out my cd from Susan Meier's workshop about conflict from the 2008 New Jersey PYHIAB conference and got to work. I want to recommend this workshop, available here. If you are writing category romance, you will find this 2 hour presentation unbelievably helpful.

What book, workshop, presentation, advice have you found helpful lately?

Today's goal: 500 words
Yesterday's accomplishment: got 2 entries ready for the FAB5
What I'm grateful for: Editor feedback (did I mention she had nice things to say?)
Quote: "The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it." -Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (121 AD - 180 AD), Meditations