2009 RWA National Conference

Registration opened today for the 2009 RWA Conference in Washington D.C. and I signed up this morning. Two years ago I dithered about attending Dallas and ended up not getting a room at the conference hotel. That was a pain. So, today, I registered and submitted my hotel request.

This will be my first attendance as a PRO member. And I'm not feeling as much of a newby as I did two year ago. Last time, I attended as many workshops as I possibly could and had an editor pitch. Although I networked very little, I did manage to meet some very nice people.

My goal this year is to meet in person some of my on-line friends (Lexi, that means you) and to have an agent/editor appointment. I'm going to up my networking and probably cut down on my workshops simply because I can always get the CDs of the conference.

Is anyone else attending? If so, what do you hope to get out of National?

Today's goal: 500 words
Yesterday's achievement: 1600 words on the new story!
What I'm grateful for: Those times when I'm not sick.
Quote: "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." -Carol Burnett (1936 - )