Happy Thanksgiving

I hope your turkey day finds you surrounded by family and friends.

My daughter is in Florida, visiting my parents, without me. Of course she's having a great time. That means, I'm alone for Thanksgiving. Not to worry. I have friends who will take me in and feed me turkey. I'm a lucky girl.

Yesterday the Seekers had a great post on gratitude. As hard as this business is, I think it's important to count your blessings every day. As they point out, many (most) days that's hard. That's why I like to include a little reason why I'm grateful when I post. Some days it's hard to come up with something positive and original (I could say I'm grateful for my daughter and my family and friends every day), but I think it's good to vocalize what's going right in my world.

So, this Thanksgiving. What are you grateful for?

Today's goal: Eat until I burst
Yesterday's achievement: Used my brand new library card for the first time.
What I'm grateful for: The trials God has bestowed on me because they make me stronger.
Quote: "They who lack talent expect things to happen without effort. They ascribe failure to a lack of inspiration or ability, or to misfortune, rather than to insufficient application. At the core of every true talent there is an awareness of the difficulties inherent in any achievement, and the confidence that by persistence and patience something worthwhile will be realized. Thus talent is a species of vigor." -Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)