Serendipity

The other day, I mentioned I was stalking something. It was a very hard to find copy of Jock Haswell's The First Respectable Spy: The Life and Times of Colquhoun Grant Wellington's Head of Intelligence. I don't think there are more than a handful available for sale. Elizabeth Boyle used it as a reference to write Once Tempted.

I'm happy to say, I now own it. Got it on e-bay. From someone in Australia. Don't you love the internet? To give you a sense of how much I wanted this book, I saw it for the first time in 2002 (the last time I was writing Regency) and almost had heart failure when I saw how much it was going for. Now that I'm writing Regency again, of course, I'm revisiting the list of must have and would love to own's. This book popped up on my radar and of course, I had to have it. Never believing it would fall into my price range, I watched it on e-bay. And last night, it became mine!

I think this is the universe's way of telling me that I'm meant to write Regency romance. Why else would this book have fallen into my lap?

Today's goal: finish Chapter 1 of Scandal
Yesterday's achievement: see above!
What I'm grateful for: see above!
Quote: "We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don't like?" -Jean Cocteau (1889 - 1963)