A little secret

This is one side of my loft. Imagine the other side looking much the same. Most of what you see here is fantasy and mystery.

The romance and research books occupy the opposite wall. There are 8 shelves, 10 feet long. That's 80 feet of books. Most of these I've read. My TBR piles is just that. Piles in my bedroom, stacked on the night stand, on the floor in the corner. It's embarrassing.


I'm going to let you in on a little secret about me... I'm a reference book junkie! Any time I get an idea for a story or pass by a bargain table at a bookstore, I tend to pick up all kinds of things. I have books on forgers, code breaking, serial killers, forensics, tons of biographies from Regency era celebrities, Pre-Raphaelites, London's seamier side, valets, decorating books, feng shui, organizing for dummies... You get the picture. Some day I'm going to go to England and hit all the used book stores. Just thinking about what I might find makes me tingle.

Right now, I'm stalking something I've been drooling over for years. If it works out, I'm going to be the happiest girl ever. Well, maybe not ever, but awfully darned chipper. I'll let you know in a couple of days if I'm successful.

How about you? Do you collect anything pertaining to writing? Do you keep what you read or pass it on?