Internal dialog

The voices in my head are missing. Lost. Gone. Most people would probably consider this a good thing. As writers, we know this is hugely frustrating.

My WIP languishes. Flat. Boring. Bits and pieces of scenes, impressions, descriptions. It's like driving toward the horizon, seeing it, but never being able to reach it. It won't last forever. The voices will come back, stronger than ever, but for now, my head is silent.

So, I'm reading. Listening to other people's voices, hoping that mine comes back soon.

What do you do to get the voices back?

Today's goal: 1000 words
Yesterday's achievement: 50 pages read.
What I'm grateful for: It's back to school time.
Quote: "Writers have two main problems. One is writer's block, when the words won't come at all and the other is logorrhea, when the words come so fast that they can hardly get to the wastebasket in time." -Cecilia Bartholomew