Reality check


This is how I feel today. No, I'm not the puppy, blissfully unaware that I'm squashing the life out of the kitten, I'm the kitten with a stinky puppy butt on its head. This might look like great fun, but trust me, it's not.

I'm squashed beneath the rear end of indecision, trapped between the concrete sidewalk of what I want to do and the wiggling furry hindquarters that's smothering me and making it hard to think straight. Okay, enough with the stupid metaphor.

Here's a question for those writers out there. Are you willing to make changes to your story based on an editor's suggestion, even when you don't feel that the change will strengthen the story? If I make the change, it will be to make the story more marketable, not necessarily stronger. I guess that's the definition of "commercial fiction" so I should shut up and do it. What do you think?

Today's goal: Send my Desire pitch off
Yesterday's achievement: Nothing really. Took the day off from working.
What I'm grateful for: Eye opening feedback on my manuscript
Quote: "One of the most important ways to manifest integrity is to be loyal to those who are not present. In doing so, we build the trust of those who are present." -Stephen Covey, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People