In the mail

My two Maggie entries are in the mail. I'm very excited about this particular contest because the entries are judged by two published authors. After not working at all this weekend I had a panic attack on Tuesday as I faced the daunting task of writing 2 synopsis and finishing both entries. The Maggie is a long contest, permitting 35 pages (including the synopsis). The way I write, this is a chapter and a half. I was tempted to not send both. In the end they both came together.

The story I intend to pitch to Desire has undergone a transformation since I began and that effected how the story opened. I had moved my original opening to chapter three and rewrote my first chapter. Then I got stuck on the transitions needed between new stuff and previously written stuff. At some point last night it all came together, and I gave it the heave ho out the door this morning.

How about you? Planning on entering any contests in the future?

Today's Goal: Organize and prepare for packing
Yesterday's Accomplishments: Maggie Contest entries done.
What I'm grateful for: Deadlines
Quote: A" perfect method for adding drama to life is to wait until the deadline looms large." -Alyce P. Cornyn-Selby, Procrastinator's Success Kit