Instincts and where they getcha

Rhonda Byrne of The Secret says to follow your instincts. I’ve been thinking about that advice a lot. If something feels right, it probably is. If you subscribe to the Law of Attraction, you’re supposed to ask and let go of the process. Now, Jack Canfield (Chicken Soup books) will tell you to let go of the outcome. I’m not ready to do that. But letting go of the process is probably a good plan for me. See, I’m a bit of a control freak. I come from a long line of control freaks. So, you see, it’s not really my fault.

In the spirit of doing something when it feels right, I’ve embarked on an agent hunt. I have avoided this task for months, because it didn't feel like the right time. I don't know what has changed recently, but I'm no longer resisting this next step. Now, I've heard that it's harder to get an agent than to get published. And I'm unpublished AND writing category which knocks out about ninety-five percent of the agents out there. So, I figure with equal talent and determination, I'm probably less likely to interest anyone than someone writing a historical, erotica or paranormal romance. But my attitude is what the hell. And that is probably the single biggest change. Wow, maybe I have let go of the outcome, after all.

Today's Goal: Get back on track. I didn't write yesterday and now I'm behind.
Today's Accomplishment: Sent out an agent query.
What I'm Grateful For: Having a sense of humor.
Quote: "We are what we repeatedly do." --Aristotle