Promises, Promises

As part of my goals, I promised myself I would blog twice a week. Well, I meant to last week (and I started and deleted 2 topics), but I didn't follow through. In fact, I missed a few items on my "to do" list. Being motivated on the weekends has become a bit of a challenge for me. I'd much rather watch TV, clicking through channel after channel, eating snack foods, drinking too much pop, than be productive. Last weekend, I fell into that same trap, however on Saturday, I managed to throw down the remote and get a little reading done.

I set myself a goal this year of reading 50 books and 10 new authors. I'm happy to say I've gotten a good start (5 books/3 new authors) and I look forward to reevaluating that goal mid year.

Back to my unproductive weekends. Little by little I'm going to reshape my thinking and alter my bad habits. I have a manic personality. I'm either wound up and working like a woman possessed, or glued to the couch watching the same movies I've seen a dozen times. I'd like to adjust my behavior so that I work less when I feel as if I could take on the world, and work more when all I want to do is zone out. How am I going to do that, you ask? Well, first of all, I'm making a weekly list of goals that I can achieve and ones that might stretch me a bit. Then, each day, I determine how much time I have available to get something done and insert a goal or two into that time frame. To keep me on track, I'm using a weekly appointment book to keep track of each day's activities. So far it's working. I also wrote down my weekly goals and posted them on the wall in my bedroom. I figure the more often I see what needs doing, the less I can avoid it.

How about you, what do you do instead of writing?

Today's Goal: Editing 2 pages of Chapter 5
Yesterday's Achievement: Read Dial M, The Murder of Carol Thompson for bookclub Wednesday night.
What I'm Grateful For: The chance to make someone's day
Affirmation: The Harder You Work, The Luckier You Get!