Priming the pump, filling the well

Last weekend I needed a break from my writing. I took off both Saturday and Sunday to read, watch TV, go see a movie, hang out with friends and didn't let myself feel guilty about not writing.

Sure, I got behind in my word count, but the guilt-free break was sure worth the price.

Closing in on 3/4 of the way through and my H/H are heading for an All-Is-Lost moment of epic proportions. I just have to keep reminding myself to make it even worse.

If you want to see a demonstration of ratcheting up the conflict. Go see Toy Story 3. I have no idea why they rated this movie "G". It's intense.

What TV shows/movies have you seen that does a great job of using escalating conflict? Here's a few of mine:

Leverage
Saving Grace
Burn Notice
Miami Medical
House
Drop Dead Diva