Half way point

I'm rolling right along with the WIP. And I've learned a little something. If I've got good external conflict to frame the story and clear internal conflict to keep the characters agitated, the book flows right along.

I'm not exactly sure why the writing is going better these days. I don't know if it's because I'm concentrating on hammering out the first draft without going back to fix stuff.

Or if I've stopped entering contests which means I'm not getting a bunch of different opinions on what I'm doing.

Or if it's because I've got a better handle on how conflict is supposed to work.

It could be that I've been meditating to calm and focus my mind.

It could be the wonderful Save The Cat beats I use, complements of Blake Synder, that let me know exactly what needs to be happening in the book when.

Or, it could be all of the above.

Whatever the answer, I've been cranking out the words. Time will tell if they actually form up to tell a story.