The end is near

but in a good way...

If you had told me 20 days ago that I could write 40k in such a short period of time, I wouldn't have believed you.

Of course, I'm now nearing the dreaded end chapters. This is where reality hits and I realize, I have no internal conflict keeping the characters apart.

My character arcs aren't arcing.

And the hero's intense emotional realization that he loves the heroine isn't going to happen because he's already behaving like a man in love, instead of a man avoiding love.

Arg!

I hope it's not as bad as I think.

Maybe if I could get to sleep I could set my unconscious mind to the task of figuring it all out. If only the characters would stop bugging me about having their story finished. They're unhappy that I'm not able to get them to the HEA as fast as they'd like.

How do you feel about endings? Love them? Hate them?