Simple revisions became a day long project


I started out thinking I would fuss a little with some of my word choices and let it go at that.  None of the feedback led me to feel that major changes were required.  Of course, that was before I received my Happily Ever After final judge's comments for Meddling

These came yesterday.  Just in time for me to work on the beginning of the book.  The editor didn't have much to say about Meddling, but she did note a scene that had originally been written for the beginning of the book.  I'd shifted it toward the end to create some additional conflict between my characters and she thought it was too contrived.

So, I replaced it back where it belonged.  Whether or not it works there has yet to be seen.  I wrote it to reinforce my heroine's conflict with the hero.  

Moving the scene also meant that chapter 3 became too long.  Therefore, I repositioned an explanation scene into chapter 4.  It actually works pretty well there.  This scene had started out in chapter two, but too much backstory convinced me to move it to a later chapter.

It's weird to be working on short contemporary after spending so much time in a sixteen-year-old's head.  Doing so reminded me how much I enjoy these short romances.  So much needs to happen in such a tightly written package.  

Today's goal:  Return my Golden Gateway entry
Yesterday's achievement:  All the YA is broken into scenes in Scrivener
What I'm grateful for:  Being able to revise before an entry goes to the final judge
Quote:  "An author is a fool who, not content with boring those he lives with, insists on boring future generations." -Charles de Montesquieu (1689 - 1755)