Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, it's been a full day. First of all, I woke up at 4am, with a tickle in my throat that wouldn't go away. After realizing I wasn't going to be able to sleep, I listened to the end of Nevada Barr's High Country. If you like mysteries. If you like great prose. She's a must read.

Since I was worn out from the previous night's celebration, I was a little slow to get out of bed. But I had a final, final, final draft to finish of Bending to Blackmail so I forced myself up at 8:30. My darling daughter had made coffee for me as a special surprise. I jumped on the computer for 3 hours. Then it was time to go to a movie. We went to see the City of Ember. Although it got blasted in the reviews, I liked it for the most part. My only complaint is that they added some stuff and changed the way the kids figure out the city's secret. I thought the book worked great the way it was, but that's Hollywood.

Then we took Bending and dropped it in the mail (YIPPEE) and we were off to dinner at a Japanese steakhouse. I had the Imperial dinner, steak, lobster and chicken all cooked table side with much flipping of knives and spatulas. My daughter thought it was great fun. The food was fabuloso. Home for cake and ice cream. And now I'm sacked out watching TV.